~Please DO NOT steal our photos, Stealing makes me sad.~

Thursday, July 10, 2008

The Tunnel


This is a tunnel that was given to Nathan for his first Birthday. As you can see Nora likes it too. It is from IKEA. The best store in the world! I have a question for all of you.... Should I do a combined Birthday party for the kids or do I have to do a separate one? Nora's is July 26th, she will be at her Grandma Sharon's on her B-Day. We will be traveling back from Minnesota. Nathan's is on August 13th. The dates are just so close that I think it will be hard for extended family to come to our house so close together. I worry about kind of setting them up for a lifetime of combined parties though. Will it totally ruin their lives if they always have their parties together? My husband never had a party of his own. ( He is a twin) His mom did always make each boy their own cake. I could do that. You guys let me know your thoughts.. Don't be shy now!

5 comments:

La Familia Mata said...

Too cute! I love the background of Nathan's infectious giggle. Wasn't he terrified of it at Nora's age? Bold AND beautiful! I wouldn't worry about the combined b-day parties. Especially since they are so young. Once they are older you can keep doing the family celebrations combined and let them do there own separate thing with their friends. Just a thought.

Dianne said...

They are still so young that a combined party won't even phase them. Save some money and combine! I think their own cute little cakes would be fun if it's not too stressful for you. (But you like making cakes, right?)

Those HUGE family bashes are a bit intimidating for me (with sheer size and cost), so I'm more likely to keep things small and intimate anyway. You're the Mom (and a good one), so trust your instincts and do what you think is best for your family and let others think what they will.
here's to not being shy.

Lolo said...

How fun! Your kids really are adorable. How was your vacation?

Traci Elizabeth said...

My thoughts on parties....I would probably just do a little at home family party for Nora. She will have no idea. Nathan is a little older and will be excited about it so I would go all out for him.

Soccer Angel said...

She is so cute! I remember trying to go through one I got stuck because i was to big! I was like 12 or something like that!