~Please DO NOT steal our photos, Stealing makes me sad.~

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Cakes! Cakes! Cakes!


These are some cakes that I have made in the past. I am trying to get excited about coming up with some cute Birthday cake ideas. Now some of these cakes are ugly, I know this. But I have made all of them and I am proud of them, even the ugly ones. Some of them are pretty good, I think! The one with the frog on it was Nathan's first B-Day cake. Big mistake, should have ordered one! I think that is the ugliest one of the bunch, the next ugliest is the Ben cake. It is exactly what he wanted, a Western Dubuque(Our High School), basket ball, whipped topping, oreo, icecream cake! I fed about 50 people with that cake! Go me! I should mention that the cupcakes were made at the same time the frog cake was. Amanda had just come home from the hospital with Malia and I wanted her to be celebrated too. The cupcakes were way cuter than Nathan cake, sorry bubber! My favorite is a tie between the yellow with flowers and the large pink and blue flowered Nicole cake. Have a great weekend girls! I'm off to the farmer's market!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

La Familia Mata said...

BEE-UT-I-FUL! I think you are super talented and I want you to come make Malia's b-day cake!

Piepee said...

Your so creative with your cakes. I feel the same way about my cakes. Proud of them even if I didn't like the end result. My personal favorite was Ricky, Lori, Dianne, Christina, & Brett's. It was a volcano for Rick, Ocean for Brett, The girls cakes we're pudgy hula dancers. Dorky but it worked.

Dianne said...

I like all of them, but the chocolate heart with cherries and Mari's with oranges atop made me salivate.
Do you want to make my birthday cake too? No one ever makes me a cake anymore. So do you think our kids will start making us cakes when they are old enough or do you think we are always destined to make our own cakes or do without? Just a series of thoughts I sometimes ponder.

Frisbies Forever said...

I have old enough kids to answer that question. Enjoy getting to make the cakes now, BECAUSE when girls get older, they will make ALL the cakes whether you want them too or not. At least this has been my experience.; )
I love your cakes too. They are divine. Way to Go!