~Please DO NOT steal our photos, Stealing makes me sad.~

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Life

Oh the turns my life has been through these last few weeks. I have been to Colorado, Utah, Colorado, and back to Iowa in the span of ten days. Good times! I am so grateful for the way that my family and friends pulled together to help out with the Mata's. Amazing things were acomplished in these past ten days.
First an update on the Matas. . . Mom and I traveled out to Colorado to help with Malia and to set up their house for them. Things came together very quickly and the house looks great. There are still some things for Amanda to sort through but I think that she feels better about her living situation. Abram is doing great. He does not seem to have any other medical concerns at this point. It is so amazing what the priesthood and the power of prayers can accomplish. Abram is still struggling with nursing. Amanda is really putting up a fight to breast feed him and I applaud her for that. I know that with patience that things will work out for her. I am so glad that I had the opportunity to serve her and her family.
Second an update on my family. . . Nathan and Nora spent the ten days that I was gone with Grandma Sharon and Grandpa Bart. I am so grateful to them for keeping my little punks. I also have to give a shout out to David, Sharon's son for watching them as well. It was a very stressful week for them. My kids are so active and accident prone. Nora fell and had to get three stiches in her forehead. I am thinking about keeping her in a bubble from now on! She is recovering and seems to not care about it at all. Nathan has been raving about how much fun he had there. I don't think that they will be invited back anytime soon. I think that they need a break!
Third an update on our house. . . We are not selling our house and are going to continue to remodel it. We are currently done with the school thing and plan on staying here until we decide to move. I am very excited to go ahead with house projects and improve our little house.
I am so grateful for the church in my life and for the strength that it gives me to endure all of the trials that I am faced with. I know that I am so blessed because of the choices that I make in my life. I have so far to go but I am proud of who I am and where I have taken my life. Thank you for all of the people that support me and that have helped me to become who I am. Most of all I am so grateful for my husband. He has made me a better person. I love him so much and I am always amazed at his support of my crazy ideas. He is the best thing that has ever happened to me. Kind of a weird blog, I know, but I am weird.

4 comments:

Lolo said...

You're not weird. I like that way you are:) It was so great to see you guys. Thanks again for doing so much for us and coming to see us. We'll miss you...

Traci Elizabeth said...

Oh my, lots has gone on...you are a great sister and I know Amanda would do the same for you.

Dianne said...

You're related to us, you're bound to be a little weird! I thought it was a great post. I'm glad you don't have to worry about moving right now!!

This Idaho Girl said...

WOW! I'm glad to get an update from you. I didn't realize David was deploying so soon. I'm glad you guys were able to go out and help Amanda. I can just see her trying to lift and overdo it after her C section. She's so stubborn! You must post some pictures of Abram. Glad you came to a decision on your house. Remodling is great...when it's done! Hopefully you can wait out the bad economy and make a profit when you sell.