~Please DO NOT steal our photos, Stealing makes me sad.~

Sunday, August 31, 2008

George

This is my Grandpa George. He died tonight in his sleep. He was 88 years old! We knew that he would go sometime soon but it was still just a shock. He was such a great man. Very smart and extremely thrifty. He was really funny too. Just last week I went fishing and used one of his old poles. I wish that I would have known him better. Think I will have a chance later. He is pictured with his wife Arlene, she is still alive, they were sharing a room in a nursing home near the town I live in. They were such a great couple. What an example to me that you can love a person for that long, still want to be in the same room together after all of those years! He will be missed, We all love you George!

3 comments:

Frisbies Forever said...

I will miss him too. He was a great guy! Sorry I didn't get you called back last night. I am really sick and not getting much done. I miss you all!

Traci Elizabeth said...

I am sorry for your loss. My Grandpa is 92 and I have grown up very close to him. It will be so hard when he passes. I love when I see old couples together, it gives me hope for this crazy world we live in. Take care Britt!

Dianne said...

We just got back in town last night and found out. We love you and are thinking of you and your family. I didn't know him very well, but he was always kind to me.