~Please DO NOT steal our photos, Stealing makes me sad.~

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

How Does Your Garden Grow?



Today the Hanselmann Family put in a garden. Just a small one, 2 beefsteak tomato plants (compliments of our neighbor), 1 roma tomato plant, 1 orange pepper plant, 1 red/green pepper plant, 1 zucchini plant, 1 yellow squash plant. Dan removed all of the sod, and turned the earth by hand, well with a shovel. I have never done a garden without a tiller before, we will have to see how much weeding I will have to do! The kids were a big help with the digging and watering. Hopefully they will stay out of the garden, unless they are weeding of course! Things have been busy this past week. I will have to post pictures of the wedding we shot this weekend when we have them finished. Alyssa, my cousin was a beautiful bride, we had a lot of fun.

2 comments:

Bart Caley said...

It is the same size of garden I will have this year. Atleast yours is planted.

Piepee said...

how fun ~ what a great family activity! Looks like the kids did a great job